- Certification overview
Why CTCB Certification Matters
In this dynamic and ever-changing world, terrorism is a very real threat to our societies - No matter where you live. This threat constantly evolves and is demanding of our attention and adaptation to counter. Especially so in a world where failure to protect the lives of loved ones and national security is too heavy a price to pay for complacency.
At CTCB, our aim is to raise industry standards and awareness of various techniques to overcome the threat of terrorism in the daily operations of different organisations and countries.
The CTCB is an internationally-recognised Certification Body which offers the Certified Counter Terrorism Practitioner (CCTP) as the only officially accredited certification in its field. The certification provides formal recognition of achievement after demonstrating the competence, skillsets, and professional knowledge that is required to make a difference around the globe.
In addition to the well-known CCTP the following certification schemes are available:
- Certified Physical Security Consultant (CPSC)
- Certified Emergency Response Officer (CERO)
- Certified Intelligence Analyst (CITA)
Your Pathway to Certification
At the initial application stage, education, experience and professional background is evaluated. Passing all eligibility criteria and signing the code of conduct will allow participants to proceed with the certification.
In order to prepare for your exams, you can choose the self-preparation or attend one of the provided preparatory courses.
The comprehensive examinations consist of multiple-choice questions. It tests comprehension and application of the key concepts and processes of each of the domains. The examinations are standardised tests administered and scored in a consistent manner to ensure legal defensibility.
Candidates who successfully passed all stages and the final examination will receive a designation certification which is valid for two years. To maintain an active status, it is necessary to renew certification every two years.
Benefits of the Certification to the Individual may include:
- Acquired competencies and best practices in the field of counter-terrorism.
- Involvement in a recognised professional group.
- Keeping the certified individuals up-to-date with the measures needed to respond to evolving global terrorism threats.
- Recognition of professional competence by fellows and management in the same field.
- Potential for career advancement and growth due to recognition.
- Improvement of the individual’s overall performance, elimination of uncertainties, and widening of market opportunities.
- Aiding in ensuring continual improvement and enhancement within the homeland security and counter-terrorism fields.
- Potential for better income due to formal recognition.
Benefits of the Certification to the Organisation may include:
- Staff opportunities for advancement and esteem.
- Being recognised as an operator with an industry standard to customers, competitors, suppliers, staff, and investors.
- Proof to the organisation’s stakeholders that the organisation takes initiative against terrorism.
- Continual improvement of the staff’s responsibility, commitment, and motivation through regular assessments.
- Evidence of commitment towards organisation’s protection projects, plus the field and practice of counter-terrorism.